Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Helen Elizabeth has arrived


Weighing in at 7lbs 6oz and 19.5 inches long, Helen arrived at 7:23pm Sunday, October 26th- Samoa time. Baby and Mom are happy and healthy! The labor and deliver was amazing. I was accompanied by my always supportive hubby Erick and my great midwife Elizabeth Ballering. I began having light and easy contractions Sunday morning spaced about 20-30 min. apart. I took a nap, took Siri swimming after the nap, Erick made lunch, and by the time 3 o'clock rolls around the contracts get a lot more aggressive very quickly. I called my midwife and while she headed over from the other side of the island I took a dip in the ocean. The water soothed my back pains and the contractions got more aggressive very quickly. When she got here at about 4:30 my contractions were very tough. I was dilated to 6 centimeters already and 90% effaced. The baby had already fallen very far down. She was certain I'd have the baby that night. Because it was so nice being it the water she encouraged me to go back in before we headed to the hospital for the birth. About a minute after she said that I had some very aggressive contractions and she quickly advised Erick to get the bags in the car and we would be heading to the hospital now. On the 10 minute drive there I had 2 tough contractions in the car, then one in the parking lot, 1 in the hallway, and one when we reached the labor and delivery ward. She was born within 2 hours of arriving! A beautiful baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like you had a great birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:07 PM

    Yippee!! Congratulations to the four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't wait to meet her. See you at the Pirate Party Friday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little girl! I'm glad the birth went so well for you. Even in email, you sound so calm. : ) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete