Friday, October 23, 2009

Two more X chromosomes in the Simonsen Family

I once remarked to Melissa, "The next one better be a boy, or I am hiring a concubine!" Melissa had an ultrasound yesterday revealing that she did not heed my warning, the next addition to the Simonsen Family appears to be yet another girl. I know, I know, some of you are wondering how I can blame Melissa for determining the gender of the baby when it is clearly the genetics of the sperm that are the deciding factor. I once thought the same thing, but Melissa is really the one who helped me see the light on this one, way back when she was training to be a good little Feminazi at the college of St.Catherine she introduced me to a little something called the "Aggressive Egg Theory" whereby the egg actually selects which sperm it will allow to fertilize it. On the bright side, I guess we will save a bunch of money by not having to buy boy clothes.

We may not have USA grade medical care here... but at least it's "FREE"

Pop quiz. What is Helen holding in her left hand?

3 comments:

  1. a giant shell! What do I win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's probably because you make such beautiful little girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on girl number three! They are so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete