Monday, October 26, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

Mommy took Siriana to her first big-screen movie. We met up with her friend Noa and purchased the requisite popcorn, soda, and red vines. When we entered the theater it was already dark, the previews had begun and Siriana seemed a bit timid. We found some seats and Siri and Noa sat next to each other. Siri looked at the big screen with her blue eyes wide open and passed up my offers for her favorite food: popcorn. She was fairly well captivated for the beginning, but when Max takes his voyage, gets almost swept to sea and encounters the 'Monsters' Siri tells me that she has had enough and wants to go "Home Now." I tried to convince her that the monsters were nice but she started to tear up and repeat over and over "Home Now, Home Now, Home Now." Her face looked a lot like Max in this picture, like "Why did you take me here Mommy?" What could I do but take her home. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing with her neighbors Juliana and Francesca (who moved here from Duluth). It was fun to take her to her first movie. I wished she actually would have liked it. Next time, Disney with princesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment